Welcome to Bodhi Breathwork & Yoga!
The Sanskrit word “Bodhi” means "Awakening". I felt that this word describes Breathwork beautifully in it's function as a tool for Self Awareness, Self Regulation and Self Transformation.
I am Jean Rossouw, a Certified Breathwork Practitioner and Facilitator, offering individual and group sessions in a safely held space.
I am increasingly interested in the inner dimensions of change and healing, especially the overlap between spirituality, neuroscience and transpersonal states.
I support healing and inner transformation through various tools, such as Breathwork, Yoga and Entheogenic exploration, as been done by ancient cultures around the world for thousands of years . I am a committed advocate for breath and psychedelic therapy as a means to a more meaningful, purposeful and harmonious world.
I am a firm believer of the importance of being mindful and sharing knowledge on life and transpersonal states of being.
- 200hr RYT training, Vimoksha Yoga, Goa, India. 2016
- 50hr Yin Yoga teacher training, The Source, Cape Town. 2018
- Advanced Breathwork Practitioner, Breathwork Africa, SA. 2019
- 50hr Breathwork foundation course, Breathwork Africa, Muldersdrift. 2018
- 30hr Breathwork Facilitator training. The Breath Center, Ojai, CA, 2018
- Natural Building Course, NB Collective, Nature’s Valley. 2015
- Permaculture Design course, Permaculture Visions, Australia, 2013
- Honors Degree in Economic Sciences, Univ. Stellenbosch, 2009
I had a wonderful experience practicing yin yoga and learning the power of our breath and how it can transform emotions. Jean is a supportive and gentle guide and I look forward to learning more with him!
- (Bianca Hicks)
Such a beautiful, peaceful experience. Jean is an excellent teacher and immediately makes you feel at ease. I can't wait for the next workshop!
I LOVED yesterday's breath work experience! It was incredibly and unexpectedly powerful, trance-like, clear, beautiful, filled with love, and out of this world.
Probably the best healing technique I have ever tried!