Welcome to Bodhi Breathwork!
The Sanskrit word “Bodhi” means "Awakening". It beautifully describes the essence of Breathwork as a tool for healing - essentially, Re-membering who we truly are.
I am Jean Rossouw, a Certified Breathwork Practitioner, Facilitator & Trainer, offering individual and group sessions in a safely held space.
I am passionate about introducing people to the power of Breathwork for physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological wellbeing, while being a keen explorer of modalities that further these dimensions of living.
Driven by a passion for healing, change and growth, I am inspired by the overlap between spirituality, neuroscience, transpersonal states (The Tonal) and the Unknown (The Nagual). I support inner transformation and Self discovery, through various tools, such as Breathwork, Yoga, Temazcal (Sweat Lodge), Chanting and Entheogenic Journeying.
Through these modalities we are guided to evolve our consciousness, expand our knowing and connect with the healer within. Through accessing more of our authenticity, we support a more meaningful, purposeful and harmonious life.
- Astrology Level 1, Margarita Celeste Astrology, 12 weeks, 2023
- The Art of Integration, Ali Maya Retreats, 6 week online course, 2022
- Advanced Breathwork Practitioner, Breathwork Africa, SA. 2019
- 50hr Breathwork foundation course, Breathwork Africa, Muldersdrift. 2018
- 30hr Breathwork Facilitator training. The Breath Center, Ojai, CA, 2018
- 50hr Yin Yoga teacher training, The Source, Cape Town. 2018
- Psychedelic Navigation Course, Psychedelics Today, 2017
- 200hr RYT training, Vimoksha Yoga, Goa, India. 2016
- Natural Building Course, NB Collective, Nature’s Valley. 2015
- Permaculture Design course, Permaculture Visions, Australia, 2013
- Honors Degree in Economic Sciences, Univ. Stellenbosch, 2009
I had a wonderful experience practicing yin yoga and learning the power of our breath and how it can transform emotions. Jean is a supportive and gentle guide and I look forward to learning more with him!
- (Bianca Hicks)
Such a beautiful, peaceful experience. Jean is an excellent teacher and immediately makes you feel at ease. I can't wait for the next workshop!
I LOVED yesterday's breath work experience! It was incredibly and unexpectedly powerful, trance-like, clear, beautiful, filled with love, and out of this world.
Probably the best healing technique I have ever tried!