Conscious Breathwork ~ Expanded
Time & Location
About the Event
This Conscious Breathwork event is ideal for experienced breathers who would like to explore and unravel deeper layers of the psyche with an extended breath journey. We will start with a short introduction and chat about Breath as a Tool for Transformation, followed by a calming breath and body awareness practice, then we will engage in the technique of Conscious Connected Breathing.
Afterwards we will take a moment to ground ourselves and have some tea, and as part of integrating our experience we will do Mandala drawing. We will then enjoy a delicious vegan lunch outside in the garden. Since this workshop is an extended version of my usual Conscious Breathwork sessions, I would like to offer a space and adequate time for participants to share and integrate their experiences.
The workshop will flow as follow:
- 30 minutes Introduction and Breath Awareness,
- 90-105 minutes Breathwork journey (ending organically)
- 30-45 minutes Grounding and Mandala Drawing
- 60 minutes lunch, sharing, relaxing
More about the technique
Conscious Connected Breathing is a method of breath control that gives rise to expanded states of consciousness and has an effect on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being as we activate the body’s inner healing intelligence.
The journey will be guided by carefully curated music and the intelligence of your own circular, connected breath. This combination allows you to move into a heart space while accessing expanded states of consciousness.
The process brings more energy and awareness into the body as the breather experiences a vibrational shift which releases suppressed energy, emotions, stress and trauma. This journey activates both unconscious discomfort and ecstatic bliss as the intelligence of Life Force energy (Prana/Qi) leads us to exactly where we need to awaken and let go.
The process allows one to:
- become aware of self-limiting habits
- open to the capacity for self-healing
- re-pattern dysfunctional breathing patterns
- shift thoughts and feelings around the unknown
- examine limiting beliefs and emotional addictions
- resolve and bring awareness to unhealthy patterns and conditioning
- experience states of pure, unconditional love, acceptance and bliss
During the session you will have the opportunity to access your own internal healing energy and greater knowing in a safely held space, allowing for a powerful shift in yourself and your life.
After the session you will have time to gently come back to your normal state of being, while enjoying a nourishing cup of tea. Integration will be discussed at the end of the workshop and follow-up support will be available if needed.
- Extended Conscious Breathwork journey
- Integration circle and Mandala Drawing
- Delicious Vegan Lunch & Hot/Cold drinks
Space is limited to 10 participants, please book early to confirm your spot.
R650 per person
Payment details will be sent upon registration
More preparatory information for first time participants will also be sent upon registration.
What you’ll need for this session:
-Yoga mat / Mattress
-Blanket and head pillow (Important!)
-Eyemask (I will have some too)
-Water to keep next to you
-Journal to write in afterwards (this is optional for integration)
Conscious Breathwork may result in certain physiological changes in the body and can also result in intense physical and emotional release. Therefore, it is advisable to contact me before a session if any of the following conditions relate to you currently:
- Detached Retina
- Family history of aneurysms
- High Blood Pressure that is not controlled with medication.
- Use of prescription blood thinning medications such as Coumadin
- Strokes, seizures, TIAs or other brain/neurological condition or disease
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
- Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.
By joining my Breathwork sessions you take full responsibility and release me as the facilitator, Jean Rossouw from any liability claims.
How to prepare for this work:
- Hydrate 2 hours before, breakfast at least an hour before the session. Preferably no Alcohol at least a day before the session.
- Mindfulness practices can support the preparation process, such as movement practices, yoga, dancing, a massage, grounding with nature, walks, meditation, mindful eating, quiet time, etc. Sometimes just being aware of what shows up in your life, insights, day dreams, night dreams, etc.
- It can be as small or large as life permits for each of you, I am aware that sometimes we can’t do much, but to trust that the session is a wonderful gift to yourself!